Sophie has built many websites including yours2share, a classified website. Working out who to go to for a new website can be a bit daunting. Sophie helps clients to understand their objectives for their website and advises them on their web strategy.
There are several key decisions to be made:
- What basic functionality (e-commerce, content management system (CMS), blog, brochure, classified, portal, community, forum, directory) is required immediately, in the near future and maybe in the longer term?
- What detailed functionality is required immediately?
- What kind of design style, look and feel is required?
- Is the website to be entirely bespoke, or based on off-the-shelf software?
- If off-the-shelf software is used, is it open source like WordPress, Joomla or Drupal or a commercial package?
- Who is creating any content required?
- Who will maintain the content?
- What images are required? Where can they be obtained?
- Where will the website be hosted and how will it be supported?
Sophie helps clients to answer these questions and from here find the right web development company. In some cases, such as relatively simple brochure and/or blogging websites, Sophie builds the website using WordPress. Alternatively, she knows many other website designers and developers and will help her clients find the best one for them.
Sophie is expert in WordPress, which she uses for her yours2share blog and this website. WordPress started life as blogging software, but is now a sophisticated content management system, with easy-to-use administration, excellent support, and endless plugins and themes. She has created many websites for clients, usually providing optimisation, and often training their owners to make minor amendments to their website or post to their blog.
Sophie also has a good working knowledge of Joomla.